Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Monday 6 May 2013

Light Lippies

I have been slowly collecting some Revlon lip butters and Maybelline colour whispers since they were released and now that I have a decent collection I figured it was a good time to swatch them.
First of all I really like the texture and pigmentation of these lippies. They are super lightweight and feel like lip balm but have super buildable colour. Very nice for a light swipe of tint or a richer look without the weight or dryness of a lipstick.

Left to right they are Raspberry Pie, Tutti Frutti, Peach Parfait, Candy Apple, Berry Smoothie, Sweet Tart

Each swatch is swiped 3 times so you can see just how some are more pigmented than others. Another thing is some of them have a slight shimmer while others are more of a creme finish.
My personal favourite is Berry Smoothie - it is almost just a richer shimmery version of my natural lip colour so it pretty much lives in my purse. That being said, some of these I haven't even tried on my lips yet as our weather has been crap and just started getting nice. So hopefully I'll be able yo wear all the colours soon and swatch them on my lips for you all.

Next up are the Maybelline Color Whispers
Left to right they are Pin Up Peach, Coral Ambition, Who Wore It Red-er, Made It Mauve, A Plum Prospect.

And just for fun here's the Maybelline Vivid in Shocking Coral.

I am slowly trying to get out of my comfort zone of mauve, plum, deep pink/fushia, and red. Coral is a good "entry" colour for that I think.

0 comments:

Post a Comment