Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday 24 November 2011

LIT Cosmetics

The first review: LIT Cosmetics


Any and every fun loving make-up hoarding person needs some glitter so why not make it the best damned glitter around? LIT Cosmetics is just that - the BEST glitter system. With their range of sizes, colors, styles, and patented cosmetic glue you literally can't go wrong, and with a company motto of "No glitter, no glory" you know they know what they're doing.


I've been using LIT for many years and for many purposes. I was first introduced to it by a friend of mine and fell in love immediately, but still being new to it I only purchased two basic colors - Siberian (a lovely charcoal with rainbow bits), and Marilyn Monroe (startling silver). Now, since then they have changed their packaging to something a bit more pretty but honestly, the product stands for itself so if they decided packaging is for suckers and put everything in ziploc bags I would still buy and use it. I first used LIT for performances and photo shoots with wonderful results, so I started playing with it and now I wear it on average once a week. I've grown a nice mini collection of the colors but I'm nowhere near having even one of each basic shade (red, blue, green, yellow, purple, orange, pink, etc) let alone each of the different mixes.


(click the picture to make it bigger)


My current collection ^_^
All packaging is the old style aside from the three square ones.
(With flash)
From left to right:
Siberian, Marilyn Monroe, Gal Friday, Kiss, Milk Chocolate, Mary Jane,
Hawaii 50, Yoda, Army Brat, Beach Baby, Elton John, Pink Flamingo

(without flash)
You can apply it by dipping your brush into the glue, letting it get tacky, dipping it in the glitter, then applying it however sheer or thick you want. These photos are done pretty thick, as I usually wear it as liner (and to show off the awesome colors). There are also a few brushes the company sells to use but I just use an eyeliner brush for mine. Alternatively you could just use a dry brush or your fingertip and rub the glitter on, making a light fairy dust like effect. It can be worn really anywhere on the body so it is really multipurpose.

I love love love this stuff and if you love glitter you'll get some of your own. Orders can be made online through their website www.litcosmetics.com where they also have sections on the history of the company, top ten colors, how to apply, other uses, etc. So go get some glitter and have fun!

I'm rocking Hawaii 50 today as a sheer overlay on top of
white/silver shadow


0 comments:

Post a Comment