Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday 5 April 2012

Summer dress and rantage

Hello all! Well good news (for me anyways) I have been nausea free for the better part of a week! That means a lot to me because I was throwing up everyday of my entire pregnancy last time and i was taking the max dosage of Diclectin the whole way through too. I'm still taking it at night to stave off the "right when you get up queezies" but otherwise I haven't had to take it at all :).

I've been sewing a bunch lately and finished some pretty neat things. I made this beauty

last week as one of my summer dresses. It's a lovely lightweight cotton with the trim in crepe du chine. The bust has a structured base in twill and the back features an open face decorative zipper. The hem hits just at my knee so it's a very nice dress - I can't wait till I have more of a belly to put under the empire waist :)
I also have a commish for a couple rouched shoulder bags/purses in these fabrics



They've all got matching linings and they are very cute - currently they're about 50% complete as I still need some zippers and a lining fabric for one of them. But being as it's easter weekend I highly doubt I'll be able to go and get them until Tuesday at the earliest. But they'll be all done by the end of next week so I can ship them out to their new owner :)

This is the bottom edge of a custom corset done in raw indian silk with the lace applique and 4 shades of white swarovski crystals in 3mm and 4mm hand stitched along the edges. I have some alterations to make to it before I can post the finished pictures.
This is a project I've been working on for a while inbetween commissions and it's coming along quite nicely. I had originally intended the pattern to match up at all the seams but at the last minute I decided to add the piping as a detail and because of the width of the allowance in the piping some of the pattern now doesn't match while some of it does. A little off putting yes but it still looks good to me. I won't say what this is until it is completed (mwahaha) so you'll just have to guess for now.

The LIT Cosmetics video shoot was awesome! I can't wait to see the final images and video cut. It's not everyday I get to dress up as an "inspired" Sailor Moon covered in glitter wearing a floofy dress and massive shoes (well the Sailor Moon and glitter part). I wore this skirt as a tube dress

The hem is so heavilly stitched and embellished it stays out completely on it's own - no crinoline needed - and the length is perfect. As a skirt it hits just below my knee (it's a high waisted skirt) and as a dress the hem hits mid thigh so it's quite cute. And these shoes

So it was a pretty cute outfit - not your everyday outfit mind you but awesome none the less. As for the make-up, it wasn't an exact replica of the Sailor Moon look but it was clearly inspired by it. Also the make-up artists who worked on me didn't really know what her look was to begin with so they were going by a description so they did the best they could.

I have another summer dress half made and a few others planned with fabrics in mind that I already have in my collection. I have been thinking about what my summer is going to entail with the pregnancy getting further on and everything and I think I'll have to take it easy when it comes to the sewing. My husband made a very good point to me last night about my studio and the work I'm currently taking on and everything that goes along with it. Last time I was pregnant I didnt find out until 3 months in and I had already signed up to do Alberta Fashion Week and was thusly crawing around on the ground, drafting, cutting, producing, fitting, altering, etc at 6-7 months preggo. It wasn't fun. Plus I was working full time during the week so needless to say I was pretty stresso. I don't want that to happen again so I am going to lighten my load I think. I'll post more about it when I decide exactly what I'm going ot do though.

0 comments:

Post a Comment