Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday 16 May 2012

Geek Chic Again

Or should I say always??

As I said in an earlier post I am currently going through and swatching the rest of my collection. Some of which is new, some has been given to me, some were prizes I won, and some were just in the collection and didn't get swatched last time round.

Anywhoo, Geek Chic Cosmetics (GCC) is a superb company with wonderful staff and even better products. You may actually hear my"NOOOOO!" when I run out of foundation. I have never had a bad color or product from them as of yet, but I have had some that just didn't work with my skintone - which you will see here.

Left column top to bottom: As You Wish, Dream of Large Women, Prepare to Die, Inconceivable! (all from the new Storybook Love collection)
Middle column top to bottom: Kingslayer, Princess in Distress, Blood Wine, The Imp
Right column top to bottom: Eyes of the Werewolf, Sexy in Suspenders, Glass Cannon

As I have stated before very few (and I mean only 2 of the shades I've tried) oranges work with my skintone so unfortunately Prepare to Die, while a beautiful creamsicle color, looks terrible on me. I also noticed that my particular skin tone made Sexy in Suspenders very dark taupe. I got that one specifically because of the gorgeous fawn shade featured on the website and in other swatches I looked at but it was very dark taupe on me which makes me sad face. Princess in Distress was a very nice suprise - it looked a bit orange on the site but I thought what the heck I'll try it and it is gorgeous on :). Other than those ones GCC's descriptions of the colors are pretty much spot on. As with all my GCC products they are very velvety smooth and blend wonderfully. Blood Wine is especially lovely paired with a smokey eye or as a liner. The burgundy shimmer is a very nice change to regular black :) I don;t know if it comes across on here but Glass Cannon is very icy blue, not white. I have a few colors similar to this already but this one has more of a pearly white sheen than my others so it is a nice addition.

Left: Rotten Miracles (blush)
Right: Kissing Stuff (lipgloss)

Rotten Miracles is very very orange. This is quite a lot to make it show up on my skin but it is extremely pigmented. Which don't get me wrong, is awesome, but it is soooo not for me. I ended up giving this one to my mom who has deep olive skin and it will look very nice on her.
Kissing Stuff is super super pale. I can't wear it alone as it makes me look kinda... dead. But, when applied sheer overtop of a deeper color it adds a very nice pearlescenty-shimmer. I haven't tried it over any reds (only pinks and berry tones). I also noticed GCC's current model used it as a cheek shimmer in the promo shot for the collection. I have yet to try this but as we have similar skin tones it may work for the summer if I can get the hang of it.

Geek Chic Cosmetics: http://www.geekchiccosmetics.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment