Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday 8 February 2012

Beauty From The Earth: Blogger Set

Beauty From The Earth released a series of limited edition blogger sets in mid January and I was lucky enough to get one of them. They originally had four different sets available: Pinks and browns, Brights, Mattes, and Metallics. I had a hard time choosing as I love my bright colors - they're what I normally get drawn to, but I have been recently getting into the metallics. I went through my collection and realised that I was seriously lacking in neutrals so I opted to go with the Pinks and Browns collection. Each collection was shipped with random colors in each category so no two sets would have exactly the same pieces which was really nice. Each set came with three full size jars and three sample colors.

Mine came with the following:
Full size:
Amour - A peachy based matte pink
Rockstar - Mid toned earthy brown with notes of green, and coppery sparkle
Afterthought - Lovely duotone color that shifts from shimmery earthy silver/brown to have a nice violet tone. This is a limited edition color.

Samples:
Bubbly - Duotone neutral shade that goes from light champagne to have a nice pink tone
Stunning - Beautiful loaded deep fushia, low grade shimmer
Canyon - Oyster neutral with holoshimmer

I also got the Color Of The Week: TGIF - pink based red with holoshimmer

Left to right (swatched over primer)
TGIF wet, TGIF dry, Canyon, Bubbly, Stunning, Rockstar, Afterthought, Amour

I have tried this collection in a few looks and I have to say that they are very well done. (We already knew that I love BFTE though). The colors are very vibrant, mostly true to their website desctiptions (they vary on different skintones), and they go on very nicely. They are not gritty at all, in fact they are some of the smoothest applying I have tried. They cover very well - nicely opaque - but you can sheer them up if you want. I did find that the matte shades blend better than the shimmer/sparkle shades. Those tend to lose their shimmer/sparkle and lighten a great deal when blending so you have to blend them using an overlay method to make it really nice. Thats generally how I blend anyways so it doesn't bother me much but to the regular blender it could be tedious.

*Personal Note*
While everything is wonderful with this set I was personally a little dissapointed in my random color selections. I love Rockstar, Bubbly (I had a sample of this one already), Stunning, and Canyon. I have been humming and hawing over getting Afterthought for a while so I was very happy to see it was in my set but \i have found that I really have to be careful about what I match it with when I wear it as it is easilly set off funny by my skintone. I have olive based porcelain skin and it puts off colors funny sometimes. This is one of those colors. Also, while Amour is a beautiful color on it's own, I just can't wear it because of it's orange base. I thusly had to give this one to a friend but I am sure she will love it :).

0 comments:

Post a Comment