Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Friday 3 February 2012

Swatches: Fyrinnae & mini review

Hello Panda-lites! I finally got my highly anticipated package from Fyrinnae (thanks for the fabulous gift!). I have wanted to try them out for some time now but the good always comes with the bad. Not so bad in this case, just mildly off-putting. Because they are so amazing and popular (the good), their TAT is insanely long (the bad). I was told that mine would come in about 6 weeks BUT I got it in 2.5! So keep in mind when you order from them that their posted TAT is just a rough estimate based on how many orders they currently have and you will get your pretties eventually.

That being said, lets move on shall we? Well they immediately got awesome points when I opened the package to find everything wrapped in panda tissue paper! *squee*

The pigments themselves are incredible. I'll go into everyone that I got separately so as to give a better description.


Red Panda
Orange based red with metallic red shimmer

Not a shade I would normally go for as I don't generally use anything orange based but I couldn't refuse the name. I actually quite like it and I think I'll try it as a blender and see how it goes.

Chaotic Evil
Mid tone bright pink with shimmer

This shade is pretty much the perfect true pink. I will definitely try it out with some of the other colors.

Cuddlefish
Mid tone purple/blue with aqua shimmer

Totally rockin shade! This one came as a free sample and I love it.

Digital Faerie (shade 1)
Duo-tone blue/aqua with turqiouse shimmer

So excited to try this with other shades to bring out the duo-tone.

Digital Faerie (shade 2)

Faerie Glamour
Perriwinkle purple/blue with aqua/turquoise sparkle

Easilly my favourite out of the bunch.

BoyToy (no flash)
Deep true forest green with multi sparkle

This one will be hard to use but once I get the hang of the black base I think it will be beautiful.

BoyToy (flash)

Are You My Mummy?
Green gold with coppery shimmer

Interesting mix of color - the green gold is something I have seen before but never in this balance. I will have fun playing with it.

Alchemist's Curse
Deep black plum with plum/pink/burgundy sparkle

I have a similar color from MAC but I think this one will blend much easier and will showcase the colored sparkle better based on how velvety the swatch went on.


Some blurry flash shots to see the sparkle/shimmer aspect.


Final thoughts? They're awesome. Hands down. I will definitely order from them again but I don't know what I will get as I now have a base shade from all parts of the rainbow I wear. We'll see pandas, we'll see.

http://www.fyrinnae.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment