Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Monday 20 February 2012

Burlesque Anyone?

I feel that it is about time that I tell everyone that I am the new seamstress for the Kabuki Guns Burlesque troupe - Canada version. (the leader has another troupe by the same name in Malta as well). My sister and I used to dance with the leader a number of years back and it was by a happy chance and one of those friend of a friend of a friend contacts that I got a comment on my facebook page about them needing a new seamstress. Now we all know my love of corsetry, even more love of making them, and even more more love for wearing them so I jumped at the opportunity. Now since I danced with and saw Miss Bunny last I have gotten married, had a son, and generally changed my life a lot so she had no idea who I was until she came by to get her measurements taken. Man was she suprised to see it was me and we had a good reminisce about stuff and the shows we had done previously.

I have worked with them on one numbers corsets so far and I must say that I will never again try to make so many corsets in such a short amount of time. Not everything got done to my standard (even though they would still work for the show) so I am taking them back and finishing them properly next week - at which time there will be pictures of them posted here and on my facebook page. I was very upset that I couldn't do as good a job as I wanted to on this particular piece but time got the better of me as it does with people from time to time. So thusly two weeks completion time from the day I take measurements for any piece is now my mantra. That does have wiggle room for multiple pieces of the same style etc etc but generally that will be my rule of thumb.

I am very excited to work with the troupe more and hope to get some really interesting pieces going (and finishing the striped ones to my actual standard cause they're gonna be awesome-sauce!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment